PRODUCED WATER TREATMENT
A SPIN ON FILTRATION
When drilling for oil and gas, produced water is brought to the surface as a waste product along with the fossil fuels. It contains a variety of environmentally hazardous pollutants including heavy metals, bacteria, oils and grease, and various chemical additives. For produced water to be discharged, these pollutants must be disposed of prior to the oil refinery process. Although treatment is necessary, this waste stream is difficult to manage as it is associated with excessive disposal, treatment, and chemical costs. Produced water also causes long-term operational problems including heavy sludge production and poor oil-water separation. Conventional membrane filtration systems are both ineffective and expensive for treating this complex waste stream.
Swirltex has developed an innovative membrane filtration system that revolutionizes produced water treatment. Our buoyancy-based membrane system is superior to conventional methods as it delivers significant operational and economic benefits to our clients. Some of these advantages include:
- Improved removal of iron, TSS, bacteria, and oil;
- Energy efficient approach resulting in a reduction in energy consumption;
- Automated operational system which is low maintenance;
- Significant increase in permeate production;
- Reclamation of wastewater; and
- Reduction in environmental footprint with Swirtlex’s clean technology.